Apple Cider Vinegar (Malus sylvestris)
ACV (apple cider vinegar) is a health tonic that promotes vigour and power.(HR/1)
It’s made by combining yeast and bacteria with apple juice, giving it a sour taste and a pungent odour. Weight loss and regular digestion are both aided by ACV. ACV can be used by diabetics after diluting it with water to help reduce blood sugar levels. Because of its antioxidant and cholesterol-lowering characteristics, ACV can also be used to treat high cholesterol and heart disease symptoms.Because of its antimicrobial properties, ACV is beneficial for skin and hair problems. To treat acne and dandruff, dilute it with water and apply to the skin and scalp. It’s important to remember that if you don’t dilute apple cider vinegar, it can irritate your throat, tongue, and skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar is also known as :- Malus sylvestris, Saib ka sirka, Cider Vinegar, Araththikkaadi
Apple Cider Vinegar is obtained from :- Plant
Uses and benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar (Malus sylvestris) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Obesity : Apple cider vinegar may aid weight loss by reducing hunger and improving fat metabolism. According to an animal research, the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar lowers fat buildup in the liver by activating the fat-burning enzyme AMPK. ACV may also inhibit the conversion of starch to sugar, preventing the buildup of fat in the body.
According to Ayurveda, weight gain can be caused by Ama (toxic residue left in the body owing to faulty digestion), and apple cider vinegar decreases Ama by raising Pachak Agni (digestive fire). 1. Pour yourself a glass of water. 2. Mix in 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. 3. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and drink immediately before eating. 4. You can also drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to lose tummy fat.
- Diabetes mellitus (Type 1 & Type 2) : In diabetic people, apple cider vinegar may help manage blood sugar levels. According to several research, the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar delays the conversion of carbs to sugar in the bloodstream. This aids in the regulation of blood sugar levels, particularly after a carbohydrate-rich meal. Furthermore, studies have shown that consuming ACV before bedtime can lower fasting blood glucose levels in the morning.
Ama (toxic leftovers in the body owing to incorrect digestion) can sometimes be the cause of elevated blood sugar levels. Apple cider vinegar may help lower blood sugar levels by enhancing Pachak Agni (digestive fire), which helps the body reduce Ama. 1. Pour yourself a glass of water. 2. Mix in 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. 3. Increase the amount to 3-4 teaspoons gradually. 4. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and drink half an hour before meals or right before night.
- High cholesterol : Due to the presence of acetic acid, apple cider vinegar can help lower LDL or bad cholesterol levels. It also aids in the increase of HDL, or good cholesterol. According to another study, an antioxidant called chlorogenic acid found in apple cider vinegar can prevent LDL from oxidising, lowering LDL levels in the blood.
High cholesterol levels may be caused by an imbalance of Pachak Agni (digestive fire) in the body, resulting in an excess of Ama (toxic residues in the body owing to poor digestion). As a result, the channels get blocked, causing an accumulation of ‘bad’ cholesterol in the body. By raising Pachak Agni (digestive fire) and eventually Ama, apple cider vinegar helps to lower cholesterol levels. 1. In a glass of water, dissolve 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. 2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly. 3. Increase the dosage to 2-3 tablespoons over time.
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) : If taken in the proper dosage and combined with a healthy diet and lifestyle, apple cider vinegar may help manage high blood pressure. Although there isn’t enough proof, some animal research suggest that apple cider vinegar decreases the activity of renin, an enzyme that plays a key role in blood pressure elevation. As a result, this aids in the management of high blood pressure. 1. In a glass of water, dissolve 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. 2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly. 3. Increase the quantity to 3-4 tablespoons gradually.
- Acne : Because of its acidic nature, apple cider vinegar may aid in the treatment of acne. Apple cider vinegar restores the skin’s normal pH and acts as a barrier against acne-causing germs.
Acne can be a problem for people with the Kapha-Pitta dosha. Kapha aggravation, according to Ayurveda, causes increased sebum production and pore obstruction, resulting in the formation of both white and blackheads. Another component is Pitta aggravation, which is characterised by the formation of red papules (bumps) and pus-filled inflammation. Apple cider vinegar balances Kapha and helps to battle acne-causing germs while also restoring the skin’s pH level. because of its amla (sour) quality Tip: 1. Combine 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar and 3 tablespoons fresh water in a small mixing bowl. 2. Apply the mixture to the afflicted region using a clean cotton pad. 3. Allow it to sit for 3-5 minutes. 4. Rinse it thoroughly with cool water and wipe it dry. 5. Do this every day for a month to get the best benefits. 6. To avoid skin discoloration and scarring, always dilute apple cider vinegar with equal volumes of water before using it.
- Dandruff : To some extent, apple cider vinegar may aid in the management of dandruff. This is due to its acidic nature, which aids in the pH balance of the hair
” According to Ayurveda, dandruff is a scalp ailment defined by flakes of dry skin that can be caused by an irritated Vata or Pitta dosha. Because of its Amla (sour) nature, apple cider vinegar helps to control dandruff. It also aids in the maintenance of hair’s pH balance, making it smoother, stronger, and shinier. Tip: 1. Mix 1 mug of normal water with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. 2. Distribute the mixture evenly over the hair and scalp. 3. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to meld. 4. Give it a good rinse with plain water.”
Precautions to be taken while using Apple Cider Vinegar:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Apple Cider Vinegar (Malus sylvestris)(HR/3)
- Never drink undiluted Apple cider vinegar as it can damage and burn your food pipe. It can also destroy the tooth enamel due to its acidic properties. Use Apple cider vinegar with caution if you have osteoporosis. Avoid Apple cider vinegar with acidic fruits or juices (such as lemon, oranges) since both of them are acidic in nature. This might lead to hyperacidity or reflux. Avoid Apple cider vinegar immediately after drinking tea or coffee as it might disturb the digestion process and lead to vomiting.
- Be very careful before using Apple cider vinegar topically as it is highly acidic in nature. It may burn your skin if applied without diluting with water.
Special precautions to be taken while taking Apple Cider Vinegar:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Apple Cider Vinegar (Malus sylvestris)(HR/4)
- Breastfeeding : Due to a lack of proof, apple cider vinegar should be avoided while breastfeeding.
- Patients with diabetes : The insulin levels in the body can be influenced by apple cider vinegar. If you’re using ACV with anti-diabetic medication, keep an eye on your blood sugar levels.
- Patients with heart disease : In cardiac patients using diuretics, long-term usage of apple cider vinegar may cause severe hypokalemia. If you’re taking Apple cider vinegar with anti-hypertensive medication, keep an eye on your potassium levels.
- Pregnancy : Due to a lack of proof, apple cider vinegar should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Allergy : Before using ACV, a tiny patch test on the skin is recommended. If you’re allergic or hypersensitive to any items with similar ingredients to ACV, don’t use it.
How to take Apple Cider Vinegar:-
As per several scientific studies, Apple Cider Vinegar (Malus sylvestris) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Apple cider vinegar with water : Take one glass of lukewarm waterAdd one to two teaspoons of Apple cider vinegar to it and also blend well. Drink this in the early morning or ideally after dishes for better outcomes
- Apple cider vinegar Capsules : Take one to two capsules of Apple cider vinegar. Swallow it with water. Repeat this daily.
- Apple cider vinegar Tablets : Take one to two tablet computers of Apple cider vinegar. Swallow it with water. Repeat this once a day.
- Homemade salad dressing : Take two to three cups of chopped veggies like onions, cucumber, carrots etc. Add two tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar to it. Add two teaspoons of mayo as well as salt to taste. Have this before or during a dish.
- Your everyday drink : Take an insulated flask as well as fill it with cozy water. Add one teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar to it. Make a practice to consume this water whenever you feel thirsty.
- Face-Toner : Include one teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar to two to three teaspoons waterDip the cotton pad in the blend as well as apply on to the face, neck as well as handsKeep it for three to 5 minutesRinse your face with cool plain water as well as rub dry. Repeat it for two to three times a day for a clear and also radiant skin
- Body Scrub : Take half cup of granulated sugar. Add one tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar to it. Now add one teaspoon of honey to the mixture. Rub this combination on your whole body in round activity for 5 minutes. Rinse it off with fresh water.
- Hair Conditioner : Hair shampoo and condition your hair properly. Add one fourth mug of Apple cider vinegar in one mug of simple water. Pour this mixture uniformly on the hair and scalpLet it sit for 5 minutes. Rinse it with simple water for healthy and balanced as well as shiny hair.
How much Apple Cider Vinegar should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Apple Cider Vinegar (Malus sylvestris) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Apple cider vinegar Liquid : One to two teaspoon in 1 glass of water once a day, or, One teaspoon diluted in three to four teaspoons of cool water.
- Apple cider vinegar capsule : One to two capsules once a day.
- Apple cider vinegar Tablet : One to two tablets once a day.
Side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Apple Cider Vinegar (Malus sylvestris)(HR/7)
- There is not enough scientific data available about side effects of this herb yet.
Questions asked frequently Related to the Apple Cider Vinegar:-
Question. What is Braggs Apple cider vinegar?
Answer. Because it is manufactured from organically farmed apples, Bragg’s organic Apple Cider Vinegar is regarded as one of the best. It is unfiltered, unheated, and unpasteurized, and it contains vinegar’s “Mother” (a combination of probiotic bacteria, enzymes and proteins).
Question. What are the storage conditions of Apple cider vinegar?
Answer. Apple cider vinegar does not need to be kept in the refrigerator. To preserve the flavour and freshness of vinegar, keep the opened container tightly closed and stored in a cool, dry, dark location. This inhibits the growth of microorganisms and aids in the preservation of the product’s quality.
Question. Can Apple cider vinegar (ACV) reduce bloating?
Answer. Although there isn’t enough scientific evidence, some doctors believe that apple cider vinegar can help with digestive issues. This could be because of the acidic nature of ACV, which aids digestion and relieves bloating. 1. In a glass of water, combine 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and stir thoroughly. 2. Drink it twice a day, half an hour before eating.
By boosting the flow of bile, apple cider vinegar assists digestion (Pitta Ras). This aids in normal meal digestion and hence reduces bloating.
Question. Can drinking Apple cider vinegar damage your esophagus?
Answer. Yes, consuming ACV in its unadulterated form or at an incorrect dilution ratio can harm the oesophagus. In addition, not drinking enough water after taking an ACV tablet can burn your throat and make swallowing difficult. It can also make stomach ulcers worse and make heartburn worse.
Question. Is Apple cider vinegar bad for the liver?
Answer. There have been no studies on the liver’s reaction to apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar, on the other hand, aids in the detoxification and cleansing of the liver, which aids in its proper functioning. 1. In a glass of water, dissolve 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. 2. Take a half-hour break before eating. 3. Do this twice a day for best effects.
Question. Can drinking Apple cider vinegar damage tooth enamel?
Answer. Yes, drinking undiluted apple cider vinegar can damage the tooth enamel. This is owing to its high acidic content, which can increase the risk of cavities even more. If you’re taking apple cider vinegar orally, keep the following in mind: 1. Add 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. 2. Combine all of the ingredients in one glass of water. 3. Drink it using a straw to avoid acid contact with your teeth. 4. Brush your teeth as soon as possible after ingesting apple cider vinegar. This is because, shortly after coming into touch with Apple cider vinegar, the enamel will be weaker, and brushing right away can dissolve the enamel.
Question. Is it safe to take Apple cider vinegar with citrus fruits?
Answer. Citrus fruits and juices (such as lemons and oranges) should not be mixed with apple cider vinegar because they are both acidic. Hyperacidity or acid reflux may result as a result of this.
Question. Is it safe to drink Apple cider vinegar after tea or coffee?
Answer. Avoid taking apple cider vinegar right after drinking tea or coffee since it may cause the milk in the beverages to curdle, disrupting digestion. It’s possible that this will produce stomach pain or vomiting.
Question. Can Apple cider vinegar whiten skin?
Answer. Apple cider vinegar is supposed to help clear acne and small blemishes to some extent, however there is no evidence that it helps lighten the skin colour.
Question. How to use Apple cider vinegar for skin problems?
Answer. Apple cider can be used in a variety of ways, including: 1. Pour 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into a small bowl. 2. Pour in 3-4 teaspoons of fresh water and stir thoroughly. 3. Apply to the face, neck, and hands with a cotton pad dipped in the mixture. 4. Leave it to sit for 34 minutes. 5. Finish by rinsing your face with cool water and patting it dry. 6. Do this a couple of times a day for clear, radiant skin. 7. Rose water can be substituted for ordinary water.
Question. Can you burn your skin with Apple cider vinegar?
Answer. Yes, undiluted apple cider vinegar can burn and produce redness on your skin due to its strong acidic nature.
Question. How to use Apple cider vinegar for hair?
Answer. 1. Thoroughly shampoo and condition your hair. 2. Mix 1 mug of normal water with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar. 3. Distribute the mixture evenly over the hair and scalp. 4. Allow for a 5-minute rest period. 5. For healthy, lustrous hair, rinse it with plain water. 6. For dandruff removal and shiny hair, do this once a week for at least a month.
It’s made by combining yeast and bacteria with apple juice, giving it a sour taste and a pungent odour. Weight loss and regular digestion are both aided by ACV.