Rose (Rosa centifolia)
Rose or Rosa centifolia, also known as Shatapatri or Taruni, is a flowering plant native to India.(HR/1)
Rose It is used to treat a variety of ailments in the traditional medical system. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, rose powder or petal jam (gulkand) can help with digestive issues such hyperacidity and diarrhoea. Rose water, extracted from its petals, is beneficial for skin rejuvenation and the treatment of allergies and acne.Because of its Sita (cooling) and Ropan (healing) characteristics, a few drops of rose water can assist provide quick relief from eye strain. However, before using Rose water for eye problems, you should visit your doctor. Because Rose oil’s smell is a powerful mood enhancer, using it in a diffuser can help calm and soothe the senses.
Rose is also known as :- Rosa centifolia, Gulab, Irosa, Gulabipuva, Roja, Golappu, Rojaputvu, Golap, Gulabpushpam, Paninirpushpam, Taruni, Shatpatri, Karnika
Rose is obtained from :- Plant
Uses and benefits of Rose:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Rose (Rosa centifolia) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Hyperacidity : “The term “hyperacidity” refers to a high level of acid in the stomach. An exacerbated Pitta weakens the digestive fire, resulting in incorrect food digestion and Ama formation. This Ama builds up in the digestive system, causing hyperacidity. Because of its Sita (cool) quality, regular consumption of Rose powder helps to lower acid levels in the stomach. Rose also possesses the Deepan (appetiser) characteristic, which eliminates Ama and regulates hyperacidity. a. Take a quarter to half teaspoon of Rose powder. b. To relieve hyperacidity, add Mishri and drink it with water before lunch and dinner.”
- Diarrhea : In Ayurveda, diarrhoea is referred to as Atisar. It’s as a result of consuming tainted food and drink. Additionally, Agnimandya (weak digestive fire) is one of the causes of diarrhoea. All of these variables contribute to the aggravation of Vata. This worsened Vata pulls fluid from numerous body tissues into the gut, mixing it with the excrement. This causes loose, watery bowel movements or diarrhoea. If you have diarrhoea, include rose powder in your diet. Rose powder’s Grahi (absorbent) quality may assist your body absorb more nutrients and reduce diarrhoea. a. Take a quarter to half teaspoon of Rose powder. b. To get rid of diarrhoea, add Mishri and drink it with water before lunch and dinner.
- Menorrhagia : Raktapradar, or excessive menstrual blood secretion, is a term for heavy menstrual bleeding. This is caused by the Pitta dosha in the body becoming exacerbated. Rose balances Pitta dosha, which helps to control heavy menstrual bleeding. Due to its Sita (chill) and Kashaya (astringent) qualities, this is the case. a. Take 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Gulkand powder (Rose Petal Jam). b. Take it with a glass of water before lunch and dinner to help with heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Male Sexual Dysfunction : “Men’s sexual dysfunction can manifest as a loss of libido, or a lack of desire to engage in sexual activity. It’s also possible to have a short erection time or have semen discharged shortly after a sexual activity. This is also known as “premature ejaculation” or “early discharge.” Rose products aid in the healthy functioning of a man’s sexual performance. This is owing to its aphrodisiac (Vajikarna) properties. a. Take 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Gulkand powder (Rose Petal Jam). b. Take it before lunch and dinner with a glass of water to help with male sexual dysfunction.”
- Skin allergy : When applied to the affected area, rose water helps to reduce redness caused by inflammation or a skin rash. Because of its Sita (cold) and Kashaya qualities, this is the case. a. Soak a cotton ball in 4-5 drops of Rosewater. b. Using the cotton ball, gently wipe your face. c. Use this therapy on a daily basis, ideally before bedtime, to reduce skin inflammation.
- Eye strain : Rose water can be used to provide immediate relief from eye strain. Its Ropan (healing) and Sita (cooling) qualities account for this. a. Soak two clean cotton balls in Rose water for a few minutes. b. Wear them for 15 minutes on your eyes. c. Alternatively, to relieve weariness, spray water on the eyes with a few drops of Rose water added.
- Stress and Insomnia : The scent of rose is said to be a significant mood enhancer. It aids in the management of stress and the attainment of a decent night’s sleep. To create a quiet and soothing ambiance, use Rose essential oil in a diffuser or scented Rose candles.
Precautions to be taken while using Rose:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Rose (Rosa centifolia)(HR/3)
- Rose powder should be avoided if you have constipation because it can worsen your problem due to its Grahi (absorbent) property.
Special precautions to be taken while taking Rose:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Rose (Rosa centifolia)(HR/4)
- Allergy : If you have hypersensitive skin, you should avoid using rose powder or water on your body.
How to take Rose:-
As per several scientific studies, Rose (Rosa centifolia) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Rose Powder : Take one fourth to half teaspoon Rose powder. Add to milk or water and have it on a vacant stomach. Use it once or twice a day to do away with level of acidity.
- Rose Water : Take two to three teaspoons of Rose water. Add to one glass of plain water. Have it prior to food one or two times a day.
- Rose Capsule : Take one to two Rose capsules. Swallow it with water or milk after taking food two times a day.
- Gulkand : Take one to two teaspoons of Gulkand. Swallow it with water or milk one to two times a day. Use this treatment to do away with acidity and also fever.
- Rose Leaves : Take two to four leaves of Rose. Chew them preferably in the early morning to eliminate mouth abscess.
- Rose Sharbat : Take two to three teaspoons of Rose sharbat. Mix with one glass of water and also have it. Take it before lunch as well as dinner to do away with the burning experience in the body.
- Rose Petal Paste : Take one to two teaspoons of Rose petals. Make a paste as well as apply on the wound. Use this remedy two to three times a day for faster injury healing and also swelling.
- Rose Petal Powder : Take one to two teaspoons of Rose petal powder. Add Rose water to it as well as form a paste. Apply it equally on the sores of smallpox.
- Rose Oil : Take three to four declines of Rose oil. Add coconut oil to it. Massage gently on the influenced area. Use this solution two to three times a week to remove frustration and anxiety.
How much Rose should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Rose (Rosa centifolia) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Rose Powder : One fourth to half teaspoon twice a day, or, One to two teaspoons or as per your requirement.
- Rose Capsule : One to two capsules twice a day.
- Rose Juice : Two to three teaspoons twice a day.
- Rose Oil : Two to five drops twice a day or as per your requirement.
Side effects of Rose:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Rose (Rosa centifolia)(HR/7)
- There is not enough scientific data available about side effects of this herb yet.
Questions asked frequently Related to the Rose:-
Question. What forms of Rose are available in the market?
Answer. Fresh Rose is the finest method to reap the benefits of Rose. Other types of Rose, on the other hand, are available on the market: Rose Powder (No. 1) 2. Water of Roses 3. Powdered rose petals Gulkand is number four on the list (Rose petal Jam) 5. Rose essential oil These items are sold under a variety of brands and at varied costs.
Question. How many varieties of Rose are used for medicinal purpose?
Answer. Roses are present in India in roughly 150 indigenous kinds and about 2500 hybrid variations. Herbal remedies are made from one of the types with the scientific name Rosa centifolia.
Question. What is Rose hip?
Answer. The spherical section of the Rose flower directly below the petals is known as the rose hip. Rose hip is also known as the Rose plant’s accessory fruit. Rose hips are high in vitamin C and have therapeutic properties.
Question. Can Rose be used in case of arthritis?
Answer. Yes, Rose can help with arthritis and the symptoms that come with it. Rose possesses analgesic, anti-arthritic, and anti-inflammatory properties. Many inflammation-causing molecules are inhibited by certain substances found in Rose. Rose is also thought to be a safe option for treating joint discomfort and rheumatoid arthritis.
Question. Can Rose help in managing peptic ulcers?
Answer. Rose may be beneficial in the treatment of peptic ulcers. This is because of its anti-ulcer properties. The inner surface of the stomach is protected by rose, and inflammation-causing substances are inhibited. The pain and swelling in the stomach are reduced as a result. Gulkand, also known as rose petal jam, is used to cure ulcers and decrease intestinal swelling.
Question. Can Rose help to reduce cough?
Answer. Rose, via working on the central nervous system, may help to lessen cough. This is because to its antitussive properties. Rose petal tea has also been shown to help with bronchial infections and mild sore throats.
Question. Does Rose have a role in water retention?
Answer. Yes, taking gulkand (rose petal jam) on a daily basis helps to reduce water retention by increasing urine production.
Question. Does Rose prevent skin aging?
Answer. Rose, which is high in antioxidants and vitamins A, B3, C, D, and E, does help to prevent skin ageing. It neutralises free radicals and protects cells from harm. The appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is decreased as a result.
Question. Is Rose water good for dry hair?
Answer. Yes, due to its moisture-retaining properties, rose water may be beneficial to dry hair. Rose water moisturises and soothes the scalp, making dry hair easier to maintain.
Rose It is used to treat a variety of ailments in the traditional medical system. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, rose powder or petal jam (gulkand) can help with digestive issues such hyperacidity and diarrhoea.