Kidney Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris)
Rajma, or kidney beans, is an important nutritional staple with a variety of health advantages.(HR/1)
Proteins, fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants abound in kidney beans. Kidney beans can help you lose weight by preventing the accumulation of fats and lipids in your body. Because of its anti-diabetic properties, eating salads with soaked kidney beans may aid with blood sugar regulation. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics also help to lower the incidence of diabetes problems. Kidney beans also assist maintain cholesterol levels in the body by lowering bad cholesterol (low-density lipoprotein or LDL) and triglycerides. Kidney beans can cause flatulence if consumed in large quantities.To avoid this, it is recommended that you consume a sufficient amount of fibre along with Kidney beans. If you eat raw kidney beans, you may get nausea and stomach pain.
Kidney Beans is also known as :- Phaseolus vulgaris, Barbati Beej, Snap bean, Green bean, Dry bean, String bean, Haricot commun, Gartenbohne, Rajma, Sigappu Kaaramani, Chikkuduginjalu, Lal lobia
Kidney Beans is obtained from :- Plant
Uses and benefits of Kidney Beans:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Kidney Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Obesity : Yes, kidney beans can help you manage your weight. It contains lectins and -amylase inhibitors, which help regulate weight. It prevents fats and lipids from accumulating. Fatty acid oxidation is also inhibited by kidney beans. Triglyceride levels are reduced as a result of this.
Weight gain is caused by poor eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle, which results in a weakened digestive tract. This leads to a rise in Ama buildup, generating an imbalance in the Meda dhatu and, as a result, obesity. Kidney beans aid to promote digestive fire and reduce Ama, which is the primary cause of obesity, thanks to their Ushna (hot) feature. 1. Soak 1/2-1 cup of kidney beans in water. 2. Bring the soaked Kidney beans to a boil. 3. Toss in chopped onion, tomatoes, and other veggies to taste. 4. Add half a lemon to it. 5. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. 6. Include it in your lunch or dinner to help you lose weight.
- Diabetes mellitus (Type 1 & Type 2) : Kidney beans may help diabetics control their condition. Kidney beans include phytoconstituents that have anti-diabetic properties. They aid in the reduction of high blood glucose levels. It also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. It lowers the chances of acquiring diabetes problems.
Diabetes, also known as Madhumeha, is caused by a Vata imbalance and poor digestion. Impaired digestion causes an accumulation of Ama (toxic waste left in the body as a result of faulty digestion) in the pancreatic cells, impairing insulin activity. Due to its Ushna (hot) potency, kidney beans aid in the correction of sluggish digestion. This lowers Ama and enhances insulin action, allowing for normal blood sugar levels to be maintained.
- High cholesterol : Kidney beans may aid in the control of elevated cholesterol levels. It lowers LDL (bad cholesterol) and triglyceride levels. It has an antioxidant activity that keeps lipids from oxidising. This lowers the chances of acquiring high-cholesterol-related problems.
An imbalance of Pachak Agni causes high cholesterol (digestive fire). Excess waste products, or Ama, are produced when tissue digestion is impaired (toxic remains in the body due to improper digestion). This leads to the buildup of harmful cholesterol and the occlusion of blood arteries. Kidney beans aid in the improvement of Agni (digestive fire) and the reduction of Ama. This is owing to its Ushna (hot) efficacy, which eliminates the body’s accumulated harmful cholesterol.
- Cancer of colon and rectum : Kidney beans could help to lower the incidence of colon and rectal cancer. Kidney bean phenolic chemicals have antimutagenic and anticarcinogenic properties. They interact with the poisons and prevent them from breaking down. Kidney beans are also recognised to have anti-cancer properties.
- Lung cancer : Kidney beans could be useful in the treatment of lung cancer. Lung cancer is more likely to develop when selenium levels are low. Kidney beans are high in selenium, which helps to lower the risk of lung cancer. Kidney bean phenolic chemicals have antimutagenic and anticarcinogenic properties. They interact with the poisons and prevent them from breaking down. Kidney beans are solely known to have anti-cancer properties.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) : Mutrakcchra is a broad term used in Ayurveda to denote urinary tract infection. Mutra is the Sanskrit word for ooze, while krichra is the Sanskrit word for painful. Mutrakcchra is the name given to dysuria and painful urination. Kidney beans have a mutral (diuretic) impact, which helps to decrease burning sensations in urinary tract infections. It improves urine flow and relieves the symptoms of a urinary tract infection, such as burning during urination.
- Kidney stone : Kidney beans may help with the treatment of kidney stones. Kidney beans include saponins, which lower the incidence of kidney stones.
Precautions to be taken while using Kidney Beans:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Kidney Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris)(HR/3)
Special precautions to be taken while taking Kidney Beans:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Kidney Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris)(HR/4)
- Moderate Medicine Interaction : Kidney bean may help to reduce blood sugar levels. As a result, it is typically recommended that you check your doctor before consuming Kidney beans with anti-diabetic medications.
How to take Kidney Beans:-
As per several scientific studies, Kidney Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Kidney beans salad : Take half to one mug of soaked Kidney beans. Boil the saturated Kidney beans. Add sliced onion, tomatoes, as well as other veggies as per your liking. Squeeze half lemon to it. Add salt as well as black pepper as per your preference.
- Kidney beans Capsules : Take one to two capsules of Kidney beans. Swallow it with water one to two times a day.
- Kidney bean paste : Take one to two teaspoon of paste of drenched Kidney beans. Add honey to it and use evenly on the face. Let it sit for three to four minutes. Wash completely with tap water. Use this solution to remove acne and marks.
How much Kidney Beans should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Kidney Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Kidney Beans Capsule : One to two capsules twice a day.
Side effects of Kidney Beans:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Kidney Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris)(HR/7)
- Stomach upset
- Loose motion
Questions asked frequently Related to the Kidney Beans:-
Question. Can I eat the Kidney beans without cooking?
Answer. Raw kidney beans are thought to contain a harmful chemical called Lectin. Vomiting and stomach ache are possible side effects of eating uncooked kidney beans. Cooking the kidney beans helps to break down the Lectin and make it more digestible. Before pressure cooking the kidney beans, soak them for at least 7-8 hours or overnight.
Question. How many calories are there in 1 g of Kidney beans?
Answer. Kidney beans have roughly 3.3 calories per gramme.
Question. Can Kidney bean cause flatulence?
Answer. According to studies, consuming a big amount of kidney beans may raise the risk of flatulence. To avoid this, it is recommended that you consume a sufficient amount of fibre along with Kidney beans. Also, if kidney beans aren’t cooked properly, they can produce flatulence because they take a long time to digest.
Question. Do Kidney beans help in boosting your energy?
Answer. Kidney beans do, in fact, act as an energy booster due to their high iron concentration. Kidney beans include iron, which aids in the body’s metabolism and energy production. Kidney beans are especially beneficial to menstruation women since they aid to increase the body’s iron levels.
Question. Do Kidney beans help relieve constipation?
Answer. Yes, kidney beans can assist with constipation because they are high in dietary fibre. By retaining or absorbing water, high fibre content helps bulk up and soften stools. This makes it easier to remove excrement from the body.
Question. Do Kidney beans help boost immunity?
Answer. Yes, kidney beans may help increase immunity because they are high in proteins and immune-boosting vitamins (vitamin B1, B6, and folate B9).
Question. Do Kidney beans help strengthen the bones?
Answer. Yes, the presence of vitamin E and vitamin K in kidney beans helps to build bones. Calcium, a mineral that keeps bones strong, is provided by these vitamins.
Question. Do Kidney beans help relieve asthma?
Answer. Kidney beans can aid with asthma relief because of their anti-inflammatory effects. They assist clear the channel and make breathing easier by reducing pain and inflammation in the lungs.
Question. Is it good to eat Kidney beans during pregnancy?
Answer. There is insufficient scientific evidence to recommend the use of kidney beans during pregnancy. As a result, it is typically recommended that you consult a doctor before using kidney beans in your pregnancy diet.
Question. Can Kidney beans be used as a natural detoxifier?
Answer. There is insufficient scientific data to support the use of kidney beans as a natural detoxifier.
Question. How do red Kidney beans help in bodybuilding?
Answer. There is insufficient scientific data to support the use of red kidney beans in bodybuilding.
Question. Do Kidney beans help relieve pain during rheumatoid arthritis?
Answer. Because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics, kidney beans may help manage the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Kidney beans contain a compound that blocks the function of an inflammatory protein, lowering the pain and inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
Proteins, fibre, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants abound in kidney beans. Kidney beans can help you lose weight by preventing the accumulation of fats and lipids in your body.